Why Choose Globe
How Globe Can Help Solve Your Product Challenges
Every single day we relentlessly pursue unique and cost-effective solutions to meet our customers’ complex performance requirements. With over 130 years of experience, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with robust in-house design engineering resources, an extensive material portfolio, advanced molding & tooling processes, and research & development services.
For more information click on each stage of our Globe Composite Process below.
ROBUST IN-HOUSE CAPABILITIES
Globe Composite is your one stop resource to meet all of your tool fabrication and part production needs:
- (5) New MultiCam 5000 CNCs
- (2) 48" x 60" x 24" vertical milling machines
- 144" x 31" vertical CNC milling machine
- 5' diameter x 25' long autoclave
- 3-1/2' diameter x 18' long autoclave
- 40' x 10' curing oven
- 96" x 48" CNC router
- (2) TA 835 DMA (Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer) units
- 9' Portable Faro CMM
EXTENSIVE MATERIAL PORTFOLIO
Globe Composite has an advanced understanding of the material formulations used to power our composite-based solutions. Our team of dedicated chemists work around the clock to formulate, test, and recommend hundreds of different materials on a daily basis. This, combined with our selection of proprietary materials, make Globe Composite uniquely qualified to help you select a material formulation that will meet your performance, quality, and cost standards.
Brandonite®, Globe Composite’s broad family of high performance composite polymers, are designed to seamlessly replace traditional materials, have decreased tooling costs, and are better for our planet. We custom blend the polymers to create a composite that will perfectly meet your product’s specific requirements, guaranteeing that your part will perform as expected, each and every time.
Some of our materials in our portfolio include:
- Acoustic Materials
High TemperatureSilicones & Rubbers
- Radiation Shielding Materials
- Radiotransparent/RFID Materials
- Epoxy Systems
- Single and Multi-Wall Carbon Nanotubes
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced Materials
- Conductive and Dissipative Compounds
- Self-Lubricating Materials
- Syntactic Foams
ADVANCED MOLDING & TOOLING PROCESSES
Globe Composite is a full-service mold designer and
We also offer rapid prototyping services for parts, both large and small, allowing you to test the concept, material durability, compatibility, and overall fitness of your product in real-world scenarios.
Some of our molding capabilities include:
- Hand Casting
- RTM Molding
- Compression Molding
- Spin Casting
- Rotational Molding
- Reaction Injection Molding
- Thermoplastic Injection Molding
- Hand Lay-up
- Rubber Injection Molding
- Open Mold Casting
- Closed Mold Casting
- Continuous Volume Thermoset Dispensing
ON-CALL RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Globe Composite has the willingness and drive to thoroughly assess each individual challenge and creatively design a composite-based solution to meet your highest expectations, all while lasting longer and costing less than traditional components.
As an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, Globe Composite's credentials are unique among non-metallic innovators and processors. Our certification in engineering and design allows us to create lightweight, energy-efficient, durable parts using almost any plastic, fiberglass, rubber, metal, or other materials.
With over 200+ collective years of mechanical design, structural assessment, and automation experience, our research chemists and design engineers can tackle your most demanding applications using state-of-the-art drawing and simulation software.
TESTING & QUALITY ASSURANCE
Quality Assurance, itself, is not a step in our process- it is an ongoing principle we practice at each and every stage of the process and throughout our entire organization. We follow a stringent, yet robust Quality Management System to guarantee we are consistently meeting customer, industry, and safety requirements, as well as ensuring sustainable satisfaction.
Globe Composite is ISO 9001:2015 certified for design, engineering, prototyping, and manufacturing. In addition, we employ an experienced Quality Control staff, with a combined 50+ years in direct quality control work.
Our QC Lab is well equipped to assess critical performance measurements related to material and manufacturing tolerances. Globe Composite has a state-of-the-art Instron Model 3345 tensile testing machine, which enables us to serve as a reference laboratory for testing elastomers. We are also certified as a MIL Standard 45208A manufacturer by the U.S. Government through our extensive experience working to military specifications.
Globe routinely works to the following quality standards:
- MIL-I-45208A Inspection
- MIL-Q-9858A Quality Program Requirements
- MIL-C-45662A Calibration System Requirements
- MIL-STD-271F Non-Destructive Testing Requirements
- MIL-R-6855 Synthetic Rubber
- MIL-R-9300 Glass Cloth Based Plastic Laminates
- MIL-G-21610 Synthetic Rubber Heat Exchanger Gaskets
- MIL-M-24041 Polyurethane Molding and Potting Compounds
- MIL-S-81733, Corrosion Inhibitive Sealing and Coating Compounds
- MIL-R-83397 Humidity Resistant Castable Polyurethane Rubber
- MIL-S-83430 Fuel Cell and Integral Fuel Tank Sealing Compound
- MIL-R-83248 Fluorocarbon Elastomer for O-Rings and Fluid Resistant
- MIL-P-83379 Cellular Polyurethane Rigid Foam
- MIL-A-82636 Two-Component Butyl Adhesive
When it comes to transforming complex problems into extraordinary solutions, our values are simple:
- We strive to be a great place to work, learn, and do business
- We relentlessly pursue improving product performance for our customers
- We treat all suppliers, customers, and employees as partners
- We continuously improve our business and quality management systems
- We provide cost-effective, quality products and services
- We deliver outstanding customer satisfaction through honest and hard work